Took me 1/2 a day of work but the chip die is good enough to decode :)
yeah I screwed this one up
This all started a few weeks ago when my radon fan stopped working due to a ice jam.
It was at this time I found out all 4 of my geiger counters were non functional.
First to get fixed my trusty CDV-700
I figured out the exact placement needed for the coins for each letter, and the exact timing needed to hit the switches when lit :D
I was interested in how the board in my new K40 laser cutter was laid out and functioned.
A mystery chip is always a puzzle that can be fun to crack :)
so i put a piece of toast in my toaster and i saw jesus on it when it came out
Improved my method for decapsulating chips better.
I used a Mr coffee, coffee pot heat plate. With expendable metal plate on top. Used my drill press as a mill with a tungsten carbide drill bit making a small pocket in the chip for the acid to sit in.
I heated up the chips first on the plate then applied a drop of nitric acid. Rinsed with water, heated again then a drop of sulfuric acid water rinse. Then repeated till the dies were exposed.
Some previews of some of the custom chips in the xbox 360 decapsulated.
Still trying to get the best focus and image quality from this new cheap Chinese usb microscope.