So a few days ago I was in my lab as always…
when I start hearing this pop pop pop pop sound…
I didn’t know what It was till today…
I have successfully made my own transistor using a piece of germanium, some copper wire and my 3doodler.
Got this neat system cheep.
I noticed something wasn’t right with this light when it failed so I opened it up.
Electronics totally burned up
Inside plastic is burned.
The irony is the burn almost went though the UL label
inside plastic is covered with burn marks
The CFL it self is melted! This had to get quite hot to do that!
The other side of the electronics.
Caution do this at your own risk. I blew mine out so you don’t have to!
That said. Here is how I got my block erupter overclocked to 56o MHz briefly before it died.
I got this nifty piece of history cheep at a local estate sale.
A simple light bulb change lead to disaster this morning.
Warning! Nitric Acid is nasty stuff to play around with. I did this so you don’t have to! Do not attempt to do this yourself or you may end up dead!
So today I wanted to try and decapsulate some chips to see how they were laid out inside.
This was my first attempt. A Leapfrog L1000 arm chip.
Not sure if I etched everything off or this is some sort of copper obfuscation layer.
The other side looks like the standard back of a chip.
Next I attempted one of those custom glued down chips from a older leapfrog toy.
results were much better.
This is one really nice chip to look at :)
Some sort of die marking of who really made the chip. I couldn’t get a clear image of it.
This is at 500x zoom on my microscop
Next up I did a old DEC scsi chip
lastly a simple 8 pin eprom chip
I got the power wired up to day. Everything is good!
Yes you read that right. I am mining bitcoins on my laptop :)