Improved my method for decapsulating chips better.
I used a Mr coffee, coffee pot heat plate. With expendable metal plate on top. Used my drill press as a mill with a tungsten carbide drill bit making a small pocket in the chip for the acid to sit in.
I heated up the chips first on the plate then applied a drop of nitric acid. Rinsed with water, heated again then a drop of sulfuric acid water rinse. Then repeated till the dies were exposed.
Some previews of some of the custom chips in the xbox 360 decapsulated.
Still trying to get the best focus and image quality from this new cheap Chinese usb microscope.
They almost got away with it. The attention to detail was sooo close… (continue reading…)
I wanted to try and make my own transistors and diodes, and see what I could make with things you can find in your house. So I purchased some reject wafers / tests on ebay cheep. (close to 20 lbs worth :D )
So a few days ago I was in my lab as always…
when I start hearing this pop pop pop pop sound…
I didn’t know what It was till today…
I have successfully made my own transistor using a piece of germanium, some copper wire and my 3doodler.
I love my 3Doodler. It is a tool I can not live without. So today when it started to jam and not pull in filament properly I took it apart to see what was going on.
Yup it was jammed with ABS dust.
Then I noticed the fan…
So I am trying to debug my prusa i2 after having been rebuilt with a ton of new parts. I keep getting these messed up prints where the vertical shells don’t bond or have a gap between them along with a gap between the vertical shells and the infill.
Got this neat system cheep.
Crazy huge barn fire near my house at Wakeman Road and Vanderberg Drive in Fairport NY